Archive for October, 2011
You’ll see that Qrafter now has two versions, Qrafter and Qrafter Pro. Qrafter is a FREE app and Qrafter Pro is $2.99. Why two versions?
The two apps share the exact same code base. Qrafter is a FREE scanner and if you want to create QR Codes or download vCards, you need to purchase its in app purchase called Pro Pack. Qrafter Pro on the other hand, comes with Pro Pack enabled when you purchase it.
So if you want to get into QR Codes and test them, download Qrafter. After getting used to this technology, if you want to create QR Codes on your device, purchase Pro Pack directly inside Qrafter or uninstall the app and purchase Qrafter Pro.
Qrafter Pro was created so that educational institutions can benefit from volume purchases. Also some people like to purchase full apps directly from the App Store instead of using in app purchases. So these two versions will cover all bases.
Today Qrafter and Qrafter Pro 4.0 were released on the App Store. The highlights of this version are:
- A new and great looking icon thanks to Walter Krivanek
- New QR Code settings pane, that includes error correction level, margin size and character encoding settings
- A new scan mode called Batch Scan which lets you scan multiple QR Codes without reinitializing the scanner
- A new uniform color scheme
- Internationalized Domain Name support