Archive for April, 2007
Today, I am releasing Check Quota 2.1, which includes new updates. With this release, you will be able to check UNIX quotas when your SquirrelMail and IMAP servers are on different machines. I have added a thorough explanation of achieving this in the INSTALL file of the plugin.
I have also added SquirrelMail 1.5.2 support. The plugin hooks and outputs have been changed a lot in 1.5.2, so most of the plugins designed for 1.5.1 and below will not work in 1.5.2.
And last, the first translations for Check Quota 2.x have arrived and added, which are Hungarian (hu_HU), thanks to Csezsy Laszlo of Frugalware and Brasilian Portuguese (pt_BR), thanks to Mauricio Severich.
You can download the new release from the downloads page.
UPDATE: Please read this post. You will be able to create more different images now!
If you have read my earlier posts, you must have seen that I am excited about implementing QR Code to my projects. These mostly include my work projects.
Today I have discovered that Fukuchi Kentaro, who is an assistant professor has written a very useful QR Code library to use on UNIX based systems. I have immediately downloaded the library and compiled it. It ran smoothly on my server, so I created a little PHP function to use with this library, for real time QR Code generation.
I have put a page on my server for you to use the function. You can call that page supplying a base64 encoded URL and it will create a QR Code PNG on the fly.
This is a demonstration of calling the page:
UPDATE: The page gets redirected to PHP QR Code Generator page on this blog now.
aHR0cDovL2tlcmVtZXJrYW4ubmV0Lwo= is Base64 encoded presentation of my blog URL, http://keremerkan.net/
You can easily Base64 encode this string by executing the command below from a UNIX shell:
echo http://keremerkan.net/ | openssl enc -base64
The function will only accept Base64 encoded URLs to avoid some nasty side effects. Also after decoding the URL, there should be no dangerous characters like ‘,!,<,> in the URL.
By calling the page like I gave above, you will get the image below (It is auto generated):
To read this image from your phone, you will need a QR Code reader installed on your mobile phone. You can get a QR Code reader from QuickMark or Kaywa sites for free. (PS: Kaywa reader needs you to register for download)
UPDATE: I had to remove the demo page for reasons I cannot specify here. I hope that I can put it back online in the future.
I have set up a demo page for my packager class. You will be able to give the URL of a content file and get it DRM packed to your phone. As this is a demo, it has some limitations. You will only be able to pack video/3gpp, audio/3gpp, image/gif and image/jpeg files. That is, you will be able to pack 3GP audio and video files and GIF or JPEG images. You can test the class at the following page: http://www.keremerkan.net/drm
If you have questions, you can contact me via my contact page.
Yesterday, I have finished Check Quota 2.0, and today I am releasing it for your use. I hope everyone who have used Check Quota or Disk Quota plugins for SquirrelMail before, will like this new one. Nearly everything has changed in this release and those who are using Check Quota 1.4 should try this one.
You can download the plugin from here:
Here are the changes:
- New release. Rewritten from top to bottom.
- The plugin functions are wrapped in a class now. They are called easier this way.
- Rewritten UNIX quota checker from scratch. It is more efficient and stable.
- Simplified IMAP functions a little, and changed them to be compatible with the class structure.
- Added experimental cPanel quota support.
- Plugin text outputs fully support SquirrelMail themes now.
- Added Check Quota themes. If there is a theme file with the same name as the current SquirrelMail theme file the user is using in the themes directory of Check Quota, all quota graphs will use the colors for that theme.
- Rewritten GD image drawing from scratch. It can output all alert levels with different colors now. Also it is Check Quota themes compatible.
- Rewritten HTML table graphs. They do not use images, they use background colors when drawing graphs. Also they are Check Quota themes compatible.
- Updated Flash graphics to be Check Quota themes compatible.
- Added new troubleshooting page which can be seen under Options page.
- Changed configuration structure to be compatible with the new class structure.
- Added a configuration option to hide unwanted filesystems in UNIX quotas. This way you can show the quota information for only the filesystem on which user mails are kept and hide others to avoid confusion.
- Changed some configuration options to be compatible with the new troubleshooting page.
- Removed some unnecessary and repeating configuration options.
- Removed repetitions in the functions. Most of the functions were simplified to have faster operation.
- Removed all errors, warnings and notices.
- Updated documentation.
- Updated Turkish (tr_TR) language files.
- Old language files are incompatible with this release, so I had to remove them. I hope you will send me updated language files.